Saturday, June 27, 2009

What was he thinking?

When you look at a Warhol, especially if you place yourself at the center of it, as this young lad has done, you have to wonder:

What was he thinking?


Maybe it was this:

"Something I'm not doing these days that I should be doing is meeting more science people. I think that the best dinner party would be where each guest was required to bring a new piece of science news to the dinner table with him. Afterwards, you wouldn't feel you'd wasted any time feeding your machinery with just pieces of food. Nothing about diseases, though. Just pure science news.

People send me so many presents in the mail, but I wish that instead of all the presents and art mailers I would get science mailers in language I could understand. That would make me want to open my mail again".


Andy Warhol,
The Philosophy of Andy Warhol, 1975 (Penguin)



(Photo: Shot with MacBook Photo Booth.)


1 comment:

Paul said...

How did you get him to pose with a raccoon?